Sunday, October 14, 2012

Tanks For You

 

My wife and I were talking one day about what we should do for our daughter's Halloween costume. The ideas started to fly. The year before, we found a duck costume at Costco for cheap. So, of course we went as hunters. Knowing that we had to up the stakes for this year, a scuba diver popped up. Since I love to scuba dive i joked about how we could take her on a dive with us.We both started to laugh. Yeah, we should use it when we go on a cruise and go diving. We were joking and trying to figure out how it could be made. What could we be that would go with it? We had a tradition going that we are the bad guys so, yep you guessed it - sharks.

We had the ideas now how would we build a scuba diver costume? My scuba gear would be way too big. Besides, the tank alone weighed more then she did and was taller than she was. Do they make kid wetsuits? How does a almost two year old walk in fins? Wow, this was going to be complicated. So, I kinda put it off thinking we were done with this idea. Little did I know that the wheels of crafting had started.

I went to work the next day not really knowing that this idea still had wings. When I get home, I learned the power of Pinterest. My wife had ideas on how to make the costume and has a list of everything that we needed. Ok, I guess she is going to be a scuba diver!

So it begins. The costume had to be painted first. If you know my dad, you know that painting is fun enough in his garage (not). But then I accidentally got spray paint on the floor. Crap how do you fix that? The light bulb went off move wood over it. Then I could at least have a chance to blame someone else.

After painting all of the pieces it was time to put it together. I learned that a glue gun can be your friend and enemy at the same time. Glue hurts when it finds your skin. After a lot of fun and challenges we finally were able to get it finished. If you want to see the tutorial visit my wife's site Artsy-Fartsy Mama

8 comments:

  1. Aww what a cute little scuba diver.

    Thanks for linking up at Artsy Corner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny blog. I like it!

    I have a weekend blog party going if you'd care to join up!

    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com/2012/10/weekend-warmth-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute costume!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just seen you on today's Sunday Blog Hop hosted by Danielle. Love this idea - hope the Scuba diver enjoys herself!


    Come around, when the crafting is not too intense, and visit the world of ColdhamCuddlies sometime: we'd love to see you! It can be found at www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com!

    I'll be following here too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo stinking adorable.. love to hear about the crafting from your perspective.. my hubby is so wonderful about my blogging and crafting after lots of eye rolling and exasperation over the "craftermaths"
    And yes Glue guns are awesome but can be really mean sometimes!
    Thanks for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party, love your wife and I am your newest follower!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute costume! Great blog...my husband should guest post for you sometime lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, how cute!! Love your blog, following!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous outfit!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete