Monday, September 17, 2012

Revenge of the Mouse

I decided that I would be funny and forward an email to my wife. That email was our itinerary to Disneyland in California in about two weeks. I had figured out that the only way that I was going to get a vacation from work was to spend money. I looked over at my wife after I knew she had gotten the message and waited for a reaction. Really?? I guess my surprises are coming too often or I talked about it too much. Anyways, back to the real story.

 Right after we get back from the Gardner Village adventure I asked her what she is doing. She tells me that she is putting together a Pinterest post on her blog, with the theme being about Disneyland. This brought the memories of out last trip in February. My wife went all out hunting down ideas for outfits that would appease the Disney gods. She had finally settled on a character. How many are there that it makes it that hard? After that came the decision should it be a shirt, dress, or both? I got to help in this choice and we went with a long shirt. Now little did I know that Snow white has like ten colors in her outfit. Of course they all have to match.

Being the good husband that I am, I volunteered to go to the store with her and our 2 year old. Not just any store, but Joann's the fabric store. I never knew there could be so many choices of fabric and colors for little projects. Remembering that I had bought her a sewing machine, I started to think about making furniture because they have the fabric for that. Then we could make our own drapes, followed by everything. I was even trying to figure out if you could made socks. Luckily I had seen a "How It Was Made" and put that one out of my mind. After I had run out of aisles to escape to by running my daughter around in the cart, we finally went to the cut table. I have never been in a store where you stand in line twice. What the crap?!

Now that we finally paid and got out of the store, my wife starts to doubt her skills as a sew master. This curse comes from a comment that someone said about it being above her skill level. So this of course lead to a trip to the mother-in-laws for more sewing lessons. (We won't go into the sewing lessons as I am not sure what happens at those.) Needless to say I just go back to the two crafty women in the same room, same project arena.

My wife finally sent me a picture of the shirt finished and on my daughter. It looked great.
 

For this trip, there were thoughts on what to make for the visit. I found out that a week and a half is not enough time to dive into all of the Pinterest and other blogs to get new ideas. So, for the next time, I will have to try to make the "last minute" a reality.

I would say I wish you all were here at Disneyland with us, but that would mean more people waiting in line in front of us for the rides. And if you happen to be in front of us, you'll know because Zoey is sure to say hi and introduce herself..

No comments:

Post a Comment